Cardiac Ultrasound Sonographer Technologist
Saint Louis, MO
SSM Health is now hiring and actively interviewing Cardiac Ultrasound Sonography Technologist applicants!
You must be a registered sonographer to be considered a qualified applicant.
Full-time, Part-Time, PRN openings with various shift options are available at the SSM Hospitals in St. Louis. We offer great benefits, relocation assistance, educational reimbursement, a wonderful internal promotion program, and competitive compensation!
As the Cardiac Ultrasound Sonographer Tech, you will be responsible for the provision of patient care activities and related non-professional services necessary for the care of patients and the readiness of the scanning and imaging rooms. You will be performing diagnostic ultrasound procedural imaging studies in one or more of three departments including vascular lab, general medical and echocardiography lab.
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Clearly communicates & explains the exam procedure to the patient and any family member present to insure understanding and patient’s consent for explained test.
- Assesses patient’s medical, cardiac or vascular status by taking a history before the exam.
- Assembles a chart with the patient’s information and enters information into the current PACS System or Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Records all imaging studies (digital archive) for the Medical Director or his/her designee to review and interpret.
- Completes patient billing to insure accurate and timely billing procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Ensures prompt submission of all high-quality images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, images labeled correctly and patient data/history).
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms and any other areas in department.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved AS program in Medical Sonography or scheduled to graduate from approved BS program with RDMS(AS) certification
- Graduate of an Allied Health program in Echocardiography/Cardiac Imaging
- Graduate of an approved vascular ultrasound program
- 2-5 years’ experience in abdominal, musculoskeletal, breast and obstetrics and gynecology preferred
- Registered (RDCS and /or RCS)
- One year of ultrasound imaging experience preferred. Registry required through ARDMS or CCI.
Since 1872 SSM Health has been serving our community's comprehensive health needs across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. Inspired by our founding religious sisters, we value the sacredness and dignity of each person. Our core values are embraced by all SSM Health employees and are the cornerstone of our culture:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.