CT Technologist - PT / PRN
Saint Louis, MO
SSM Health is now hiring and actively interviewing CT Technologist applicants!
Part-Time and PRN openings with various shift options are available. We offer great benefits, relocation assistance, educational reimbursement, a wonderful internal promotion program, and competitive compensation!
As the CT Tech (Computed Tomography Tech), you will be responsible for the provision of patient care activities and related non-professional services necessary for the care of patients and the readiness of the scanning and imaging rooms. You will be performing computerized tomographic procedures for the diagnosis of disease and injury according to protocols established by radiologists.
- 3-5 years CT Tech experience in level 1 trauma facility preferred. Experience with CT equipment 4 to 256 slice
- Excellent knowledge cross-sectional CT anatomy, customer/ patient focused, able to work independently or in a team.
- Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Certifications / Education
- Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) – American Heart Association (AHA).
- ARRT(R)(CT) required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Associates degree preferred.
Since 1872 SSM Health has been serving our community's comprehensive health needs across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. Inspired by our founding religious sisters, we value the sacredness and dignity of each person. Our core values are embraced by all SSM Health employees and are the cornerstone of our culture:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.