Mammographer RT Tech - PT / PRN
Saint Louis, MO
SSM Health is now hiring and actively interviewing Mammographer - RT Tech applicants!
Part-Time and PRN openings with various shift options are available. We offer great benefits, relocation assistance, educational reimbursement, a wonderful internal promotion program, and competitive compensation!
As the Mammographer, you will be responsible for the provision of patient care activities and related non-professional services necessary for the care of patients and the readiness of the scanning and imaging rooms. You will be performing mammography imaging services for the diagnosis of disease and breast tissue health according to protocols established by radiologists.
- Newly Certified Mammographers are welcomed to apply!
- Excellent knowledge breast tissue health, customer/ patient focused, able to work independently or in a team.
- Operates equipment and performs various mammography related procedures.
- Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters.
- Explains procedures and educates patients about the role of regular mammography in preventive breast health.
- Develops and evaluates the image for technical quality such as density contrast, definition, and distortion.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures prompt submission of all high-quality images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correctly marked and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms and any other areas in department.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Certifications / Education
- ARRT-R Radiography – American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP)
- American Heart Association (AHA)
Since 1872 SSM Health has been serving our community's comprehensive health needs across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. Inspired by our founding religious sisters, we value the sacredness and dignity of each person. Our core values are embraced by all SSM Health employees and are the cornerstone of our culture:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.