Radiology Technologist - PRN / PT / FT
Saint Louis, MO
SSM Health is actively scheduling interviews with Radiology Technologist for our various hospital facilities across St. Louis. We are looking for Radiology Technicians for a wide range of hospital care settings.
In the Radiology Tech role at SSM Health, you will be taking x-rays of designated parts of the human body for diagnostic purposes and provides support for the imaging department. You will perform plain films, fluoro, portables, and OR exams.
Various work shifts are available with full time, part time, PRN scheduling options in the following areas: Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiologic Tech, and Post Acute Care.
Since 1872 SSM Health has been serving our community's comprehensive health needs across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. Inspired by our founding religious sisters, we value the sacredness and dignity of each person. Our core values are embraced by all SSM Health employees and are the cornerstone of our culture:
We offer great benefits, relocation assistance, educational reimbursement, a wonderful internal promotion program, and competitive compensation!
As the Radiology Technologist you will perform computerized tomographic procedures for the diagnosis of disease and injury according to protocols established by radiologists. This position does not perform biopsy procedures.
- Explains procedures to patient to ensure understanding. Provides appropriate educational material.
- Transports patients to and from clinical areas and verifies patient identity according to policies and procedures. Prepares patient for radiology exam by positioning the patient for the procedure.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Maintains a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms and any other areas in department.
- May perform limited CT procedures in emergent situations when CT Technologist is not on site.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
• Associate's degree
Licenses and Certifications
- Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP)
- American Heart Association (AHA)
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.