Radiology Tech I&II - $3k Signing Bonus
Oklahoma City, OK
SSM Health is now hiring and actively interviewing Radiology Technologist - Level I & II applicants!
$3k New Hire Bonus for Radiology Techs are in place for Full Time, 2nd, 3rd, and Weekend Shifts. Make sure to ask the Recruiters of eligibility or express your interest when you apply!
Full-time, Part-Time, PRN openings with various shift options are available. We offer great benefits, relocation assistance, educational reimbursement, a wonderful internal promotion program, and competitive compensation!
As the Radiology Tech, you will be responsible for the provision of patient care activities and related non-professional services necessary for the care of patients and the readiness of the scanning and imaging rooms and equipment. You will be taking x-rays of designated parts of the human body for diagnostic purposes and provides support for the imaging department. This position performs plain films, fluoro, portables, and OR exams.
- Explains procedures to patient to ensure understanding. Provides appropriate educational material.
- Transports patients to and from clinical areas and verifies patient identity according to policies and procedures. Prepares patient for radiology exam by positioning the patient for the procedure.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Maintains a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms and any other areas in department.
- May perform limited CT procedures in emergent situations when CT Technologist is not on site.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Certifications
- Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) – American Heart Association (AHA)
- Associates Degree
Since 1872 SSM Health has been serving our community's comprehensive health needs across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. Inspired by our founding religious sisters, we value the sacredness and dignity of each person. Our core values are embraced by all SSM Health employees and are the cornerstone of our culture:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.