Respiratory Therapist - RRT
SSM Health is actively scheduling interviews with Respiratory Therapists for our various hospital facilities across Oklahoma! We are accepting applicants that are currently registered - RRT's and New Respiratory Therapist that will be registered within 12 months of start date.
Various work shifts are available with full-time and part-time scheduling options.
We offer great benefits, relocation assistance, educational reimbursement, a wonderful internal promotion program, and competitive compensation!
• Assess patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develop a plan of care based on diagnosis.
• Responsible for providing respiratory care services in accordance with specific physician's orders, department policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Implement and monitor patient care plan and equipment. Monitor, record, and communicate patient condition. Perform advanced respiratory care modalities.
• Evaluate respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcome.
• Educate the patient and family about the health condition and provide information about community support groups and other available programs.
• Assist with care, calibration and maintenance of all equipment. Participate in maintaining departmental inventory levels for supplies and equipment. Process equipment per established cleaning/sterilization procedures.
• Special duties: Ability to interact with physicians and nurses. May work in an intensive care unit area.
• Respond to Medical Emergencies and Rapid Responses.
• Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Associate's degree or equivalent years of experience and education
• Graduate of an AMA approved school of Respiratory Therapy preferred.
Licenses and Certifications
- Future Registered Respiratory Therapist (within 12 months of start date)
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) - National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Respiratory Care Practitioner - Oklahoma Division of Professional Registration
- Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) – American Heart Association
Since 1872 SSM Health has been serving our community's comprehensive health needs across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. Inspired by our founding religious sisters, we value the sacredness and dignity of each person. Our core values are embraced by all SSM Health employees and are the cornerstone of our culture:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.