Ultrasound Sonographer Technologist
Oklahoma City, OK
SSM Health is now hiring and actively interviewing Ultrasound Sonography Technologist applicants! Various Departments have openings with various schedules. Let us know which department you have experience or would like to work in. You must be a registered sonographer to be considered a qualified applicant.
Full-time, Part-Time, PRN openings with various shift options are available at the SSM Hospitals in Oklahoma City and Midwest City. We offer great benefits, relocation assistance, educational reimbursement, a wonderful internal promotion program, and competitive compensation!
As the Ultrasound Sonographer Tech, you will be responsible for the provision of patient care activities and related non-professional services necessary for the care of patients and the readiness of the scanning and imaging rooms. You will be performing diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images for interpretation.
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Ensures prompt submission of all high-quality images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, images labeled correctly and patient data/history).
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms and any other areas in department.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Certifications
• Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) – American Heart Association (AHA)
- Associate's degree or completion of a sonography certification program
Since 1872 SSM Health has been serving our community's comprehensive health needs across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. Inspired by our founding religious sisters, we value the sacredness and dignity of each person. Our core values are embraced by all SSM Health employees and are the cornerstone of our culture:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.